We are open and seeing patients. We continue to follow the guidelines laid out by the MN Governor and other agencies, including:
- Following our “Implementation Plan for Management and Treatment of Non-Emergent and Elective Dental Care” as mandated by the State of MN
- Developed procedures for screening staff, patients and visitors
- Developed methods to conserve personal protective equipment(PPE)
- Implemented social distancing protocols
- We are scheduling dental cleanings, with priority given to those that are most overdue.
The safety of our patients is extremely important to us. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes are made so that when you are in our office you will be safe. We follow infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Due to the on-going COVID-19 pandemic, here are some changes you will see at your upcoming appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and dental team:
- You will need to complete a pre-appointment screening form. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office. We will take your temperature when you arrive.
- Only patients should come to the appointment unless a parent/guardian or driver is needed.
- Please wear a mask in our office, except when you are in the dental chair.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find it in other places in the office for you to use if needed.
- After being seated in the operatory, all patients are required to do a Preprocedural mouth rinse (PPMR). The PPMR consists of swishing with a hygdrogen peroxide solution for 30 seconds.
- Our dentist, hygienist and assistants will be wearing additional PPE.
- We have plexiglass partitions on our reception room counters and consultation room table.
- We have HEPA air filters in our operatories.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time. When you arrive at our office, please call us. We’ll let you know when we’re ready for you to come in.
- Our waiting room no longer offers magazines, coffee maker, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to keep clean and/or disinfect.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. We thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through all of these details.