Updated Tuesday, June 2nd
We are open now with our full team and have started gradually scheduling patients. We have implemented the guidelines laid out by the MN Governor, including:
- Creating our “Implementation Plan for Management and Treatment of Non-Emergent and Elective Dental Care” as mandated by the State of MN
- Developing procedures for screening staff, patients and visitors
- Developing methods to conserve personal protective equipment(PPE)
- Implementing social distancing protocols
- Prioritizing cases that pose a high risk to the patient if they are delayed
Do not come to a previously scheduled appointment unless we send you an appointment reminder. Due to the enhanced sterilization and PPE requirements and a desire to minimize the number of patients coming and going at the same time, we have to make changes to how we schedule our dental appointments. **If you currently have an appointment scheduled in the next few months, it’s very likely that it will be moved.**
The safety of our patients is extremely important to us. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes are made so that when you are in our office you will be safe. We follow infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Due to the on-going COVID-19 pandemic, here are some changes you will see at your upcoming appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and dental team:
- You will need to complete a pre-appointment screening form. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office. We will take your temperature when you arrive.
- Only patients should come to the appointment unless a parent/guardian is needed.
- Please wear a mask in our office, except when you are in the dental chair.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find it in other places in the office for you to use if needed.
- Our dentist, hygienist and assistants will be wearing additional PPE.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, coffee maker, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to keep clean and/or disinfect.
- We have plexiglass partitions on our reception room counters and consultation room table.
- We have HEPA air filters in our operatories.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time. When you arrive at our office, please call us. We’ll let you know when we’re ready for you to come in.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. We thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through this process. It is our sincere desire to reschedule/schedule everyone as soon as reasonably possible given the new protocols and guidelines we have to follow.