We are proud to offer digital X-ray technology at Creekview Dental. With Digital X-rays, we use a small sensor connected directly to a computer instead of the traditional film packets. It makes the process much faster and more comfortable for the patient. Instead of putting a new film packet in the patient’s mouth for each X-ray, we simply move the sensor from tooth to tooth.
There are many advantages of digital X-rays over traditional dental X-rays.
- Digital X-rays are much faster and more comfortable for the patient.
- We can view images instantly.
- There is 90 percent less radiation than with traditional film X-Rays.
- We can enhance the images in a variety of ways to improve viewing.
- Images can be stored electronically for instant retrieval in the future.
- We avoid the chemicals used in the traditional developing process.